Could you tell us about your work? What inspires you?
- My work is about broad strokes and lots of color. I try to add energy into it that makes you smile when you look at it. I do a fair amount of digital artwork and I enjoy using Photoshop brushes for just right textures and values. Pop art inspires me because it – like my art – is defined by color. While it appears to be simple in design there is thought put into composition, value, hue and tone. Thick lines balance thin delicate ones and straight lines are complemented with circles.
How would you describe the style of most of your designs?
- Definitely contemporary and pop inspired. I prefer my images to be printed large to make a statement. I think of this work as high impact pieces.
How has your art changed over the years? Do you have any predictions of what it will be like in the future?
- My art changes all the time! I get so bored doing the same thing. Often I will take a design or style that was successful and build upon it to the next level. I look at my first digital works and they seem so primitive. I really see the way my style has evolved over the years. I have a better eye for color and I add more illustration than I used to. I have absolutely no predictions for the future because I just don’t know what I will do. Usually I go into a gallery or museum and something inspires me and then it takes off from there.
What made you decide to work with pingg.com?
- pingg promotes the individual artist, which I really appreciate. The selection is so broad which worked well since I knew my art would find a place.
If you had to choose a favorite invite you have made, what would it be?
- Yellow Petals is my favorite invite. I like the way the floral image is placed on the card and the bright yellow pops off the stark white background. I also used a lot of fresh citrus colors which are my favorite to work with.
What benefits have you found the Internet has for your work?
- There are so many benefits. Most of my poster sales come from online galleries and through search engine optimization, I can easily be found just using my name. Also – I can share my art on many different sites which just benefits me because I am found easier and quicker. Additionally, I can add my art to products other than posters such as t-shirts, mouse pads, iPhone covers and paper products.