We’re excited to introduce pingg’s Meet the Designer series with our interview with designer, Nina Seven! Keep on the look out for a new interview each week!
Could you tell us about your work? What inspires you?
- I work in Adobe Illustrator, so all my work is vector based. I love using lots of patterns and textures and fun colors. There are so many things that inspire me. I get a kick out of anything that is beautifully designed. I’m most smitten with products for kids. Today’s kids are reading, wearing and playing with some really cool stuff.
How would you describe the style of most of your designs?
- Most of my work has elements in it that are inspired by, or designed for, kids.
How has your art changed over the years? Do you have any predictions of what it will be like in the future?
- My art has changed quite a bit over the years, especially in the last five years when I started using Illustrator. Illustrator has made my work much more professional and enabled me to design art for use on products. I hope to continue to grow and evolve my style. I can see it getting looser as I get better with all the tools available.
What made you decide to work with Pingg.com?
- All the cool kids were doing it, so of course, I had to, too!
If you had to choose a favorite invite you have made, what would it be?
What benefits have you found the Internet has for your work?
- It has made a HUGE difference! The connections you can make now online and all the inspiration available, it’s priceless! I’m part of a group of illustrators called We Love to Illustrate (www.welovetoillustrate.com) that met online and we share a love for illustrating and blogging. It’s a great support system and a business promotion tool, too. I’ve also done projects for companies all over the world, which I probably would not have gotten, if it weren’t for the beautiful World Wide Web.