The holiday season is the time for festive fun with friends and family. What’s a sure thing to bring people together for the holidays? Cookies!
If you want to plan some extra holiday activities this year, try arranging a cookie swap, a delicious and entertaining way to share recipes, stories, and of course, cookies!
Here are some recipes and ideas to make this year’s cookie swap the sweetest.
- Send out an invite that looks good enough to eat. This design is a wintry and cute invite that will get your bakers excited for some sweet socializing.
Take a look at these delicious holiday cookie recipes and send a few to your guests for inspiration!
- Gingerbread cookies are the traditional cookie of the season! Here’s a recipe for making some classic gingerbread people.
- Sugar cookies are always a hit and there’s a lot of room for creativity when decorating them! Take a look at this recipe for ornamental frosting to add some character to your cookies.
- Want to make the most indulgent cookie of the bunch? These chocolate cookies will satisfy any chocolate lover’s sweet tooth.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Being one of the most well known desserts, a batch of chocolate chip cookies is a cookie swap icon. Take a look at this recipe for chewy, yet crispy chocolate chip cookies.
- Be sure to have some tea, coffee, or other warm beverages set up to accompany the treat tasting. They will warm up your guests if they’re coming in from cold temperatures, and will be the perfect drinks to go with those crunchy and chewy desserts.
- Martha Stewart recommends offering decorative plates and cellophane for your guests to package up their edible earnings. This is a wonderful idea since your guests may decide to save their cookies for later and may give these out as holiday gifts!
What cookies are you baking this season? Have a fun time baking (and enjoying) some delicious, decorative cookies!