Could you tell us about your work? What inspires you?
- PiPo Press started as a paper company…birth announcements, personal stationery, invitations, holiday cards and stickers. We were two stay-at-home moms with babies and toddlers and thought there was a need for modern and bright colored stationery for the teeny tiny set. Everything out there at that time was pastels and very traditional. Our first collection of birth announcements was inspired by our love for color, culture and religious backgrounds. They still continue to influence us, almost a decade later. More and more, we find ourselves being drawn to colors and patterns in textiles, texture and elements in nature. However, since day one, our children continue to be the reason we create.
How would you describe the style of most of your designs?
- PiPo Press’ style is modern, fun, and colorful. We invade white space! We want our graphics and overall design to make people smile and just feel good.
How has your art changed over the years? Do you have any predictions of what it will be like in the future?
- Our children are a major influence, so PiPo Press has grown with them. We started with baby stationery needs and have now evolved to tween milestones and celebrations. And because of that, we no longer only sell our designs on paper. Almost all tweens (and adults) send electronic greetings and invitations at some point. We now have our graphics in many different multimedia formats. It is truly amazing how much the industry has changed in the past ten years. We are tech-nerds, so we fully embrace it and think the sky’s the limit!
What made you decide to work with pingg.com?
- When we first discovered pingg.com, we were drawn to the easy consumer interface and really loved the designer gallery. At that time, most of the other electronic invite companies did not feature different designers and their product variety showed this. It also made sense a few years ago to incorporate multimedia/electonic formats to our product mix from both an environmental (less paper) standpoint and ease of use (how great is pingg’s pie chart in your event report?!). Having pingg.com organize practically everything for your party makes everyone’s life easier.
If you had to choose a favorite invite you have made, what would it be?
- Splash! It is a perfect example of PiPo Press’ style. It is modern, fun and colorful. It is so versatile and has been used from everything from a pool party to a painting party. It is one of our most popular designs.
What benefits have you found the Internet has for your work?
- The Internet is so awesome and enormous, but at the same time, can be very targeted and efficient! Anything you want is usually only a couple of clicks away. And the reach is so powerful. If you have something worth sharing, someone will find you. Our designs have been delivered electronically to close to a million people through our online partners in just a year!