Could you tell us about your work? What inspires you?
- I am a big fan of less is more. Hopefully, that shows through in my work. I find inspiration in so many things, nature, home décor, fashion, and children’s books… pretty much anything and everything.
How would you describe the style of most of your designs?
- I would say most of my work is very simple and clean. I tend to have more of a structured layout to my designs; I think that has to do with my architectural background. I’ve tried experimenting with fluid and organic shapes, they never look quite right to me, but I am still trying!
How has your art changed over the years? Do you have any predictions of what it will be like in the future?
- Over the years, I feel that I have simplified my work, trying to find the perfect balance between the design and the type. As for the future, I plan to stay true to my simple style.
What made you decide to work with pingg.com?
- I joined pingg.com to open up another avenue of design for me. I generally work with paper and thought it would be fun to see what unique challenges the world of e-vites has to offer.
If you had to choose a favorite invite you have made, what would it be?
- I would have to say that Celebration Confetti is one of my favorites! It’s very versatile for the users and at the same time just so simple and chic!
What benefits have you found the Internet has for your work?
- The Internet is full of inspiration and has also helped me learn to be a better designer. Reading other designers’ blogs, and being able to learn from them has been great for me. I am not trying to mimic other designers, but more trying to study how they structure their designs, which helps me sharpen my design skills.