Do you want to celebrate this St. Patrick’s Day in true Irish fashion? How about throwing a St. Patrick’s Day party to cheer to good friends and fortune? Here are some tips to get your friends excited for one of the greenest days of the year.
- Send out a St. Patrick’s Day invitation that will make your guests feel lucky to be invited to the party. A bold and bright invitation will get your guests’ attention and remind them that the day is right around the corner.
- Decorate using green, green, and more green. Scatter some confetti shaped like shamrocks, pots of gold, and other St. Patrick’s Day icons across tables, and use green and white table settings or snack bowls. Using a heart stamp to create shamrock shapes is an easy way to add a touch of design to paper napkins, party favors, and to create these decorative drink stirrers.
- Offer some dishes packed with Irish flavor. Try baking a simple and filling Irish soda bread. Feature some traditional dishes like corned beef, Irish apple mash, or some ale-infused treats like this cheddar-ale soup.
- Serve up some festive drinks from green colored beverages to some traditional Irish brews. This spiked St. Patrick’s Day grasshopper ice cream cocktail will be sure to leave an impression, while a green punch will make a delicious non-alcoholic addition to the table.
- Have fun making some decorative desserts. Make some rainbow, shamrock, and pot of gold shaped sugar cookies for a simple and festive dessert. If you’re up for baking something more uniquely Irish, how about making an Irish cream chocolate cheesecake, an Irish car bomb cake, or these Pot O’ Gold Rainbow Cake Bites?
- Hand out some fun, themed party favors to your guests. Tie up some gold candy coins with green ribbon and attach a note with words for good luck to it, or fill a clear bag with candy wrapped in green or gold foil.
St Patrick’s Day is a great time to just connect and celebrate with friends! Play some popular Irish music, get out some games, and talk about the great days to come!
Be sure to check out our St. Patrick’s Day Pinterest board for some more Irish inspiration!