Could you tell us about your work? What inspires you?
- I love to make illustrations and typography prints, and I am very inspired by books! Our apartment is full of books … vintage books, cook books, fiction books, reference books. If the saying is true that “a room without books is like a body without a soul”, then I have very soulful rooms! This love of books may be part of why I am so drawn to working with letters, quotes and typography.
How would you describe the style of most of your designs?
- Hm, I would probably describe my style as modern and warm … like a cup of tea in your favorite little downtown cafe.
How has your art changed over the years? Do you have any predictions of what it will be like in the future?
- I have always enjoyed working with pen and ink, and I still love to make illustrations in this style. However, as I’ve learned more and more about graphic design, combining digital color and design to my illustrations has greatly changed my art. In the future … I’d love to work more on my photography, and I hope to work that into my designs as well!
What made you decide to work with pingg.com?
- The friendly pingg staff contacted me, and I was so excited to learn about the site. In my own art shop, I only sell art prints, but people had expressed an interest in seeing my work in cards and other formats, so pingg was a great way to make some of my art available in this way!
If you had to choose a favorite invite you have made, what would it be?
- I think perhaps my “Oh Frabjous Day!“. The quote is a nonsensical shout of joy from the poem “Jabberwocky”, and is the type of invite that would make me smile really big to receive! It would be great for any super-happy event. Plus, it features some of my favorite colors: yellow and aqua.
What benefits have you found the Internet has for your work?
- Wow, the Internet opens up so many opportunities for a designer like me! It is very important to me that I stay at home and care for my family, and being able to have my designs online means my art can go all over the world, all while I am in my living room playing with my four year old (who also loves to make art!). I’m very thankful to be able to have my designs on a website like pingg.