Could you tell us about your work? What inspires you?
- I am a graphic artist and I create digital scrapbook papers and embellishments for scrapbookers, cardmakers and small businesses. My experience as an interior designer greatly impacts my graphics- there are hints of fabrics, wall treatments and decorative trim throughout my collections. I am also greatly influenced by nature, my travels and my family. Many of my designs incorporate flowers and objects I photograph while traveling through my day to day life.
How would you describe the style of most of your designs?
- I would describe my style as shabby chic and romantic.
How has your art changed over the years? Do you have any predictions of what it will be like in the future?
- I began my design career as an interior designer, though I always loved the graphic arts. In order to stay home with my children, I decided to go back to school to become a graphic designer. Instead of touching paints and fabrics, I now create them with keystrokes! I imagine in the future, I will incorporate more video into my work.
What made you decide to work with pingg.com?
- I like working with pingg because I love sending and receiving cards! pingg makes it easy and fun!
If you had to choose a favorite invite you have made, what would it be?
- I would have to choose my newly designed Christmas Carousel invite. This summer, I photographed a wonderful hand carved wooden carousel horse. I just had to turn it into a “jewel” for one of my cards. Christmas and Carousel horses—-what a perfect combination!
What benefits have you found the Internet has for your work?
- Because of the Internet, my customers stretch from California to New York. I am able to work from my midwestern suburb, while wearing my pjs! What could be better?