- I would say my work is pretty varied! I like talking about different topics in my art such as the environment, history, politics or just beauty. I use different graphics for different situations. I really enjoy drawing on location and some of favorite places are New York, Paris, Seattle and Mystic Seaport. Drawing on location allows me to experiment with my art in a different way then I can at home in my studio. I would say different things inspire me. Reading and looking at art books. I love Picasso, Rodin, Henri Moore and Matisse just to name a few. I also love going to the museum. It always allows me to expand my art vocabulary. It’s important as an artist in order to grow and it is important to add to ourselves!
How would you describe the style of most of your designs?
- There is no particular style I would say, more just what feels right for each card. Many of my cards are flowers which is one of my favorite things to draw!
How has your art changed over the years? Do you have any predictions of what it will be like in the future?
- In terms of how my art has changed over the years I think it has changed based on what I find interesting. What I liked to draw five years ago, I might have a different view point of now. So I would draw it with a different idea in mind or approach. Or I might not draw it at all! Two years ago I did not find politics interesting so I did not draw anything relating to that. However since the election of Barack Obama I do find myself drawing more about that topic. Mmm any predictions. I do work at my drawing almost everyday. Whether it’s for 15 minutes or for an hour, I try to practice. I hope in the future my art will continue to grow and continue to change in a variety of ways!
What made you decide to work with pingg.com?
- I found pingg to be a fun site! It was interesting to see how my art could translate into e-cards and invites. I thought it would be fun to share it with people in a different way! I also thought it would be a great way to meet more artists and designers.
If you had to choose a favorite invite you have made, what would it be?
- I would say my fall iphone flower!
What benefits have you found the Internet has for your work?
- The Internet is great! Just the idea that you can have a blog and post your drawings for the world to see is amazing. I have met many people from the Internet and I have made many connections with different people from around the world. It has allowed me to become a part of groups such as the non-profit organization Urban Sketchers (www.urbansketchers.org) and MACs Women’s Group. (http://www.macswomen.com) It’s great to have an online support system and I think it is a great resource for artists!