Are you a fan of the Kentucky Derby or do you enjoy wearing large colorful hats and watching some good competition? Then throw a Derby viewing party this weekend, and invite your friends over for some treats and fun inspired by the racetrack!
- Send an invitation that will get everyone excited for the races and some good company.
- Highlight the room and tables with decorations and table settings that are summery and floral inspired. As roses are a Kentucky Derby staple, set a rose based centerpiece on the main serving table, or a rose garland around the viewing area. These seersucker napkins are perfect for serving those Derby drinks and will remind your guests of warm summer afternoons.
- Serve drinks that are Derby traditional and some comfort food with Kentucky appeal. Mint Juleps are a well loved Kentucky Derby drink, and a non-alcoholic version can be made with ginger ale, lemon juice, water, sugar and mint sprigs. Macaroni and cheese is a comfort food staple, and some buttermilk biscuits on the side are sure to be a hit.
- Make some desserts that are filled with rich and flavorful ingredients. Try making a Four-Layer Appalachian Stack Cake for an impressive and delicious treat, or a similar Stacked Applesauce Cake for a nice dose of whipped cream.
- Encourage your guests to wear some Kentucky Derby inspired accessories. Although over sized hats might block the television screen, they’ll be sure to create some conversation around the snack table and make your guests feel like they’re at the racetrack.
Most importantly, have fun cheering on some good spirited competition with great company!