It’s wedding season and it seems like every day brings an engagement party! Are you throwing a bridal shower to celebrate a bride-to-be? Here’s a few tips for throwing a fun and relaxing party.
- Send the invitations early and choose a design that will match the look of your bridal shower.
- Choose a theme for the shower. It’s popular to host a tea party, which is a traditional and elegant way to share conversations and treats. Select a color scheme such as pastels for a great way to easily tie the atmosphere together. If you are having a theme wedding, integrate elements of the theme or location, such as an outdoor or tropical spot, into the decor.
- The dreaded part of a bridal shower is usually the time it’s going to take for all of the gifts to be unwrapped. If you don’t mind making the gifts less of a focus, find a way to keep the pace up when opening gifts, or even plan to open them afterwards.
- Serve a variety of hor d’oeuvres and desserts that your guests can sample throughout the festivities such as this arugula and prosciutto pizza and these cocoa wedding cakes. If you’re hosting a tea party themed shower, offer cookies and cakes that will complement the types of tea being offered.
- Play games that will encourage conversation and laughter. Have the guests write their favorite memories with the bride-to-be on slips of paper and have her guess who each slip came from. The bride-to-be can start a funny story with one sentence about something wedding related, such as the honeymoon, and have each guest add one sentence until it’s complete for an entertaining result.
- Give your guests some creative party favors that will remind them of the event. If you’re having a Vegas wedding, give each guest a bag full of foil wrapped chocolates that look like poker chips, or if you’re having a vintage wedding, tie pastel colored ribbons around candy or chocolate flowers and add tags to them with each guest’s name written in beautiful cursive. Edible party favors are always a hit, and a treat like this homemade butter-crunch toffee will be a sweet way to say thank you to your guests.
Most importantly, have fun with great friends! What are your creative wedding shower ideas?