The weekend is getting closer, the weather is getting warmer, and summer is surely on its way. Are you hosting a barbecue to celebrate Memorial Day with good friends? Here’s a few tips for throwing a party filled with delicious food and patriotic spirit.
- If you’ve decided to host a cook out, there’s still time to send an invitation that will get your guests into the Memorial Day mood.
- Decorate with ribbons, streamers and paper stars. Beautiful flowing decorations are perfect for a warm, celebratory day. Add red or blue table cloths to the dining tables and place American flag inspired banners around entrance ways. Memorial Day marks the start of summer, so add some colorful flowers and fruits to the tables to brighten up the dining space.
- Get the grill ready! Offer your guests a variety of grill favorites such as cheeseburgers, grilled chicken, steak kabobs and grilled vegetables. Even try making homemade veggie burgers for a delicious alternative! Place pitchers of lemonade and ice tea on each table to offer your guests traditional picnic drinks.
- Serve some refreshing desserts and cakes with patriotic flare. Make this delicious mixed berry crumble with honey-vanilla ice cream for a sweet treat, and get the mixings ready for some patriotic celebration sundaes.
- Set up board games on the picnic table or on a patriotic blanket. Turn the sprinkler on and have some inflatable balls blown up for your guests to toss around for some summery fun. What better way to get the summer started than with some light hearted music? Create a playlist of hits for some background music and inspiration for your guests to get up and dance.
What are some of your Memorial Day traditions?