Could you tell us about your work? What inspires you?
- As a graphic designer, I watch trends in colors, fashion, photography, logo design, film posters and a few other unusual inspirational ideas. I am at my computer all day for my day job. Designing for pingg is my creative and fun outlet. I am really inspired by photography and nature. I like to use the shapes and textures from my own photographs and develop them into design ideas. By combining photography, illustration and design software I develop designs that are original and unique.
How would you describe the style of most of your designs?
- I tend to be pretty straightforward and graphic, with a little humor sometimes. I’d like people to smile when they send and receive my designs.
How has your art changed over the years? Do you have any predictions of what it will be like in the future?
- As a Fine Art major in college, I painted with acrylics, palette knifes, brushes, often hand rubbing to create vague images. I prefer the cleaner digital approach that I have developed today, although I can also have fun with some scanning, PhotoShop techniques and images! In the future, I’d like to combine these techniques more, as well as develop more themed inspirations for my cards and invitations.
What made you decide to work with pingg?
- As designers and artists, pingg gives us the freedom to create. They make it very easy for us and give customers simple ways to choose and send! I love the simple image uploading, flexible messaging, standard sizing and promotional ideas that make a very unique approach to a new means of social communication.
If you had to choose a favorite invite you have made, what would it be?
- For some time now I have admired the designs, motifs and colors of India. Fabric, architecture and design, influenced by these themes, have inspired the Indian series in my pingg collection.
What benefits have you found the Internet has for your work?
- I can spend more time creating, can easily research for inspiration, use websites for promotion, and post new ideas and designs quickly and easily.