Could you tell us about your work? What inspires you?
- I am a fan of digital art. The reason being is that I can start with an idea, a hand-drawn sketch, vectorize it, and end up creating something totally unique and a lot of times unexpected. In the digital world, the possibilities are truly endless! My designs can be described as colorful, detailed and fun. Since I became a mom, my fountain of inspiration has been my two kids. A lot of times, I get an idea while playing or spending time with them. For example, my Pumpkin Farm invite was a result of a trip we made to the Pumpkin Farm last fall. Many of my favorite designs are the direct or indirect result of motherhood and other life experiences!
How would you describe the style of most of your designs?
- Most of my designs have a whimsical/modern flavor. Color plays a huge role. I tend to create designs with a three dimensional effect; something that can pop out of your computer screen. I am constantly experimenting with color, patterns, typography, shape and depth. I believe that this leads my designs to be varied and very different from each other.
How has your art changed over the years? Do you have any predictions of what it will be like in the future?
- I think I’m open minded about the way I design. Most of the time I’ll see that creativity just catches me one day and that’s all it takes. I am constantly learning and changing, so definitely in the future my designs will be a reflection of that. I’m also a believer that practice makes perfect. The more I do this design “thing”, the better I’ll get.
What made you decide to work with pingg?
- It’s an incredible opportunity to create unique designs for an online service that is truly professional in every way. I started using pingg to email personal ecards and invites to friends and family and loved their modern and super user-friendly platform. pingg has provided me with a one-of-a-kind venue to display my artistic ventures and a freedom to offer people in the world wide net whatever I am truly inspired to create.
If you had to choose a favorite invite you have made, what would it be?
- In my collection you’ll see variety, so it’s hard to choose. You’ll see anything from a first birthday, to a bridal shower, to a smoky BBQ invite. One of my most beloved designs would have to be the very first card I designed for pingg: “On the Farm“
What benefits have you found the Internet has for your work?
- Besides the collection I’ve created exclusively for pingg, I also display many of my other designs at my online Etsy Shop. The internet provides me with a fantastic opportunity to share my work and is one of the best places for my designs to gain exposure while I spend time with my family. I can launch my latest and greatest design while my youngest one takes a nap in the next room -Now that’s worth it!