Conscious about the environment? Want to entertain in style but want to have as little an impact as possible?
Just in time for Earth Day, we’ve partnered with two of our favorites, Celia Chen, Editor in Chief of notesonaparty.com and Danielle Venokur, Founder of DV Green (sustainable event design), for “A Night of Eco-Chic Entertaining.” Tomorrow night at the Astor Center, we’re brining together NYC’s top event planners, marketers and hostesses as well as press for a green cocktail party featuring organic food and wine, sustainable tabletop and stationery design, organic flowers, eco-frienly cocktails and mixers, organic chocolates, hybrid transportation and the newest in event management technology to show them that entertaining in style doesn’t mean compromising on the environment.
Co-hosts include Josh Dorfman (media personality, The Lazy Environmentalist); Annie Churchill and Billy Gilbane III (co-founders of New Yorkers for a Green New York); Gerald Prolman (CEO of Organic Style); Danna Weiss (eco-life stylist); Adam Devine (GreenSQFT) and Collette Leonard (Reyka Vodka).
VIP guests expected to attend include: Summer Rayne Oakes (model & eco-spokesperson), Nikki Cascone (Top Chef) and Gail Simmons (Top Chef , Food & Wine), Rafe Totengco (designer) among others.
Thanks to notesonaparty.com for these 10 great tips for Eco-Chic Entertaining tips.
1. Send Digital Invitations. Easy, inexpensive and paper-free.
2. Serve Organic and Locally Grown Food. Buy farm fresh, eat well.
3. Drink Organic Cocktails. Better ingredients make better cocktails.
4. Rent Glassware. Disposables look cheap and are wasteful.
5. Play Your iPod. A portable DJ without all the gear.
6. Use Organic Flowers and Eco-Friendly Decor. Sustainable is chic
7. Choose a Convenient Venue. Stay local and travel less.
8. Print on Recycled Paper with Non-Toxic Ink. Be stationery smart.
9. Compost and Recycle Garbage. Clean up waste responsibly.
10. Buy Carbon Offsets. Reduce energy then pay for your party imprint.
VP, Marketing & Business Development