5 Tips for planning your Tropical Wedding
1. Budget – A detailed budget is a must when planning a destination wedding. Remember to budget a pre-wedding trip to research vendors and visit the site, even if you have hired a wedding planner.
2. Ask for Assistance - If you have booked a wedding package with a hotel or resort, a wedding planner is usually included. Also hire a wedding planner locally and enlist friends or relatives to help you research vendors or assist with your wedding plans.
3. Tell your Friends and Family – Tell your close friends and family that you are planning a destination wedding before asking them to be involved with your wedding. Some may not be able to attend depending on their financial situation. Send Save the Date Cards six to eight months in advance of the wedding to your guests so that they have plenty of time to make travel arrangements.
4. Packing your Bags – Check flight regulations regarding the amount of items/suitcases you can bring. Also check with your airline about transporting a wedding gown on board the plane. Think about shipping wedding accessories, decorations and gifts directly to your wedding location.
5. Your Guests – Help your guests when they arrive. Put an itinerary together to outline the events for the day of your wedding or wedding weekend. Arrange for transportation to and from the airport. And be sure to welcome them to their hotel rooms with a basket of local treats, gourmet coffees and items they’ll need in your destination (sunglasses, sunscreen, hats, flip flops, etc.).
Vist Invitations by Dawn for more.