Have a Unique, Classic and Elegant Wedding
You are unique — and you wedding should be, too! Here are our top 10 ideas for incorporating traditional elements with a unique twist with the idea of creating a wedding that’s unique, classic, elegant and that matches YOUR theme.
1. Your wedding invitation sets the tone of the wedding and gives your guests some insight to who you are. Choose invitations with a style, design and color that match the overall look and theme you have selected.
2. Traditional flowers are a great way to add elegance to your wedding. Choose roses to symbolize love, but go with unique colors like pink or yellow to match your wedding theme. Lilies signify purity and beauty and are also available in a variety of colors.
3. Instead of having your flower girl toss petals for your walk down the aisle, have her scatter unique items like colorful leaves in the autumn or artificial snow in the winter.
4. Write your own vows. You do not have to be a great writer to express how you feel. Simply state three to four reasons why you are in love and happy to be getting married.
5. Remember loved ones who have passed away by having a picture and bouquet of flowers or a memory candle displayed at the ceremony and reception.
6. What’s “your song?” Ask a friend to read the lyrics during the ceremony, and then have that song played as your first dance.
7. At the beginning of the reception, ask your guests to gather for a group picture. This can then be included in thank you notes for a personal touch.
8. Show your style and personality by personalizing napkins and wedding favors with a great design or monogram that matches your theme.
9. Create a slideshow using your favorite pictures, from childhood up to your relationship as a couple, and show it during the reception dinner or first dance.
10. Give bridal party gifts that match your wedding theme so your attendants will not only remember your special day, they’ll remember how fun and stylish it was!
Visit Invitations by Dawn for more.