Press Release – March 19, 2008
PINGG.COM LAUNCHES AS PREMIER, FREE, ONLINE INVITATION SERVICE. NEW DIGITAL INVITATIONS COMBINE STYLE & UNIQUE DESIGN WITH INNOVATIVE DELIVERY AND MANAGEMENT FEATURES.
surroundSend, pingg.com’s revolutionary Invitation Delivery Platform, changes the way online invitations are sent, received and managed – via email, print, SMS/text, customized event web page, and Facebook
NEW YORK, MARCH 19, 2008 – - Online invitations have just been reinvented, as entrepreneurs and brothers Lorien Gabel and Matt Harrop today announced the launch of pingg.com. Finally, users have free access to stylish online invitations with optimum functionality. The free online invitation service enables hosts to design, send and manage personalized online invitations and event communications and to create a unique ad-free web page for all their social and business events.
pingg surroundSend is a revolutionary invitation platform that allows hosts to choose the way their invitations and event communications are sent to each invited guest – via email, SMS/texting, print (pingg will print and individually mail each invite), or posted to Facebook. pingg simplifies the chore of managing all event communications– including follow-ups, reminders and last minute changes– by enabling the host to customize, create, schedule and track from a single easy to use event management page.
The combination of simply navigated design tools, a vast selection of pre-designed invitations, a library of over two million unique images, plus the pingg Designer Series, helps hosts easily create unique and stylish invitations. pingg’s surroundSend then reaches guests via email, SMS, web, print and Facebook.
Gabel, who along with Harrop previously founded and sold two successful technology companies, states, “We took a look at the current online invitation landscape and noted a huge void in the level of style, design, and sophistication being offered to consumers. We’ve not only developed a new way to experience sending and receiving online invitations, but made it our number one priority to seamlessly fuse style, design and customization with robust delivery and management features.”
The following capabilities are what make pingg “well sent”:
STYLE & DESIGN:
- pingg offers galleries of distinctive, invite designs and themes that provide hosts with unprecedented choice. Alternatively, hosts can upload their own photo, logo or PDF, conduct a custom search on pingg Plus+ from over two million additional images, or use original art from the Designer Series.
- pingg delivers an actual digital invitation to every guest. Guests receive full event details and the ability to RSVP directly from their email.
- surroundSend is a revolutionary communication platform that seamlessly integrates multiple channels so hosts can reach guests wherever they may be. Invitations, event details, and follow-ups can be communicated via email, SMS/texting, Facebook, a dedicated event web page, or with actual print invitations (pingg stamps and sends them through snail mail to each guest).
CUSTOMIZED WEB PAGE FOR EACH CREATED EVENT:
- Each event automatically gets its own dedicated webpage with a unique address. Hosts are able to customize their page with photos, videos, gift and charity registries, tools for money collection, Google Maps, news and RSS feeds of the event, guest comments and RSVP tracking. All of this is presented without intrusive or inappropriate banner ads.
- Easily import contacts from multiple sources. Using the pingg address book, hosts can tag, group, and organize contacts and print and export contacts and guest lists
- Beyond basic RSVPs reporting, pingg provides tracking of email open/forwards/bounces, web page views, event capacity, and all guest activity via event and news RSS feeds.
- Add photos, videos, gift/charity registry, collect money and more all from a dedicated ad–free event web page.
ABOUT THE FOUNDERS, LORIEN (TREE) GABEL & (AMI) MATT HARROP:
Brothers Lorien Gabel and Matt Harrop have strong Canadian roots, but spent a great deal of their youth traveling the globe with their free-spirited parents. Lorien, schooled as a lawyer, joined younger brother Matt to create Interlog, one of Canada’s first commercial ISP (Internet Service Providers) in 1993. A strong success, the company was acquired by a large multi-national telecommunications provider in 1998. Driven by their entrepreneurial spirit, and determined not to be one hit wonders, Lorien and Matt then co-founded Bird on a Wire Networks – a managed web hosting and data-center provider, which was one of the first of its kind in Canada. Within two years, the company was acquired by AT&T Canada. In 2006, Lorien and Matt founded pingg Interactive Corp.
Based in New York, pingg.com was co-founded in 2006 by brothers Lorien (Tree) Gabel and (Ami) Matt Harrop. Lorien and Matt are CEO and CTO respectively. Their third business venture together, pingg.com is a new, free online invitation and event management platform that lets image conscious hosts seamlessly create, send and manage stylish invitations and event communications for personal and professional events all with the convenience of pingg’s new proprietary invitation delivery system – surroundSend. For more information, visit pingg.com.